Friday, 13 May 2016

John Terry offered one-year Chelsea extension

Chelsea have announced that captain John Terry has been offered a one-year contract extension.

The West London side said at a press conference before the final weekend of the Premier League season that Blues stalwart Terry was considering the offer.

Earlier reports claimed that Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck had attended training and held initial talks with Terry over him staying at Stamford Bridge for one more year.

It seemed that the centre-back was on his way after 18 years at the club when he revealed in February that he was leaving this summer at the end of his contract.

However, the 35-year-old has expressed his desire to continue playing for Chelsea in recent weeks and now looks set to commit for one more year.

Current Blues boss Guus Hiddink, who will be replaced by Antonio Conte this summer, had previously said that he was unsure if Terry would be a Chelsea player next season.

If Terry does put pen to paper, it will mean that his last Chelsea appearance will not be Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Sunderland when he was sent off for the second time this season, therefore ruling him out of the club's last two matches of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *